Jewish Sages, August 09, 2011
The Ninth Day of Av is the most calamitous day in Jewish history.
Based on Jewish Sages, June 07, 2011
Shavou’ot (שבועות) is a derivative of the Hebrew word Shvoua’ (שבועה) – vow in English, referring to the exchange of vows between G-D and the Jewish People.
Passover eve hymn, April 18, 2011
If Israel were merely the most effective battle-tested laboratory available to the USA, enhancing US national security, while providing the US defense industries a unique mega-billion dollars competitive edge in the global market, expanding US employment, research & development and export infrastructures - Da’ye’nu (it would have sufficed to crown Israel as a unique two-way-street ally of the USA);
Based on Jewish Sages, July 18, 2010
1. Faith, Morality, Commemoration and Optimism Underlining National Jewish Fasts:
* Jewish fasts commemorate critical historical and value-driven junctions, highlighting moral clarity, which constitutes a prerequisite to operational and existential clarity. Memory is Deliverance; forgetfulness is oblivion.
Straight From The Jerusalem Cloakroom #202, March 27, 2007
How many assumptions have the Palestinian State Supporters (PSS) bestowed upon us?
1. If the PSS had ONLY assumed that snatching the PLO (in 1993) from the jaws of oblivion in Mideast terrorist camps, installing the PLO onto hilltops overlooking the door steps of its intended victim (Israel), arming and training the Palestinians, rewarding the PLO with a Nobel Peace Prize and with frequent access to the White House, and showering upon the Palestinians a multi-billion dollar aid-package, would pave the road to A MODERATE PALESTINIAN STATE AND PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE WITH ISRAEL, DA’YE’NOU (it would suffice);
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #195, September 22, 2006
1. Fish – and especially its head – is served on Rosh Hashana as an omen for multiplication. The annual number of Jewish births in Israel has risen by 34% since 1995: 107,000 annual rate in 2006 compared with 80,400 in 1995. The robust momentum is primarily derived from increased fertility rate among the one million Olim/immigrants from the former USSR. They arrived with a typical Russian fertility rate of 1 birth per woman, but are rapidly approaching Israel's secular Jewish rate of 2-3 children per woman. The annual number of Arab births – within Israel's Green Line – has stabilized during1995 – 2006 at 39,000. Stay tuned to the next Jewish Demographic Momentum in 20 years, when the current babies enter the reproduction cycle.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #181, August 01, 2005
1. The Ninth Day of the 11th Jewish month of Av (August 14, 2005) commemorates a series of major Jewish calamities:
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #176, April 19, 2005
If the 17th century Puritans in the Colonies had only respected the Old Testament, but had not been more Talmudic than many American Rabbis, Daye'noo (It would've sufficed);