Jerusalem Cloakroom #228, October 23, 2009
1. Jihad (Holy War) has been a cardinal feature of Islam since the 7th century. It constitutes a clear & present danger to Western democracies, irrespective of the Arab-Israeli conflict, independent of the Palestinian issue and regardless of Israel's policies and existence.
Jerusalem Cloakroom #227, September 24, 2009
133 Jews were murdered in Hebron, Jerusalem, Motza, Safed and Tel Aviv during a rampage of Arab terrorism in August 1929, 19 years before the establishment of the Jewish State, 38 years before the 1967 War and 39 years before the return of Jews to Hebron. 133 fatalities in 1929 – out of a 175,000 Jewish population – are proportionally equal to 4,560 fatalities in Israel or 230,000 fatalities in the USA in 2009!
Jerusalem Cloakroom #225, July 24, 2009
Ambassador (ret.) Yehuda Avner, who served under five Prime Ministers, writes in his forthcoming book (summer 2010), The Prime Ministers – An Intimate Portrait of Leaders of Israel:
Jerusalem Cloakroom #223, April 10, 2009
1. The Palestinian issue was a deal-breaker during Israel-Egypt peace negotiation. In defiance of Carter and Brzezinski – the "Palestine Firsters" – and in spite of Palestinian terrorist threats, Begin and Sadat introduced a Palestinian-bypass, thus concluding a peace accord. Their determination to overcome White House and Foggy Bottom preoccupation with the Palestinian issue as, supposedly, the root core of the Arab-Israeli conflict and Mideast violence, produced a peace treaty. It has lowered the prospect of an Arab-Israeli war, has decreased regional tension and has advanced US interests.
Jerusalem Cloakroom #222, March 13, 2009
1. Irrespective of the Arab-Israeli conflict and Israel's existence, the ties with Iran constitutes – for the ruthless Assad regime – an indispensable financial, diplomatic and military means of survival. The Syria-Iran axis bolsters Assad's policies on the most critical fronts: Domestic, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, Russia and the USA. Assad's fundamental interests conflict with fundamental US values and interests.
Jerusalem Cloakroom #217, August 15, 2008
1. Over 100 million refugees have been created by wars since the end of WW2.
2. 79 million refugees were created during 1933-1945.
3. 15 Million Hindus, Sikhs (8.5MN) and Muslims (6.5MN) were displaced, in 1947, in order to reshape British India into India and Pakistan.
Jerusalem Cloakroom #215, July 04, 2008
1. Hate-Education-Driven-Terrorism. The July 2, 2008 Palestinian Tractor-Terrorism constituted a precise Palestinian human-missile, guided by Palestinian hate-education, instituted in 1994 by Abu-Mazen, then Arafat’s first deputy, and proliferated via Abu Mazen’s current educational-religious-media infrastructures. K-12, and older, Palestinians are exposed systematically to school textbooks, sermons, editorials and news editions – controlled by Abu Mazen – which idolize homicide bombers, calling for the destruction of the “illegitimate, infidel” Jewish State. Hate-education (and not statements made to Western leaders and media) is the most authentic reflection of one’s ideology, vision and strategy. Hate-education constitutes the manufacturing line of terrorists. Hate-education distinguishes between peaceful and violent societies. Hate-education is facilitated by foreign aid provided to Abu Mazen by the US, W. Europe and the UN.
Straight From The Jerusalem Cloakroom #214, June 13, 2008
While the surrounding Arab countries – assisted by Palestinian Arabs - invaded the newly established Jewish State:
1. The British Mandate urged Arabs and Jews (November 30, 1947- May 14, 1948, before the outbreak of the war) to evacuate small mixed towns, where they constituted a minority. Arabs complied, while Jews defied. Consequently, Alan Cunningham, the British High Commissioner, stated: “Arabs are leaving the country with their families in considerable numbers, and there is an exodus from the mixed towns to the rural Arab centers…The panic of the Arab middle class persists and there is a steady exodus of those who can afford to leave the country (December 1947, five months before the 1948/9 War)”.
Straight From The Jerusalem Cloakroom #213, April 22, 2008
1. Support – among Israeli Jews – for the proposed Palestinian state (“Two States Solution”) is soft and reluctant, according to a March 31-April 1 poll conducted by the Tel Aviv University Center For Peace Research.
Straight From The Jerusalem Cloakroom #212, February 17, 2008
1. The 60 year old Palestinian “Claim of Return” has always been top heavy on Muslim rhetoric but very low on Muslim commitment. It has been dwarfed by the 516 year old Moslem “Claim of Return” to Andalucia (Spain), which constitutes a universal-mainstream Moslem ethos, commemorating the 1492 “Injustice” and “Expulsion” from the “Abode of Islam” (Dar-a-Salam) in Europe.