Polling Freeze of Construction in Settlements
Jerusalem Cloakroom #231 , December 04, 2009
According to a Dec. 3, 2009 poll of Israeli Jewish eligible voters, conducted by Prof. Yitzhak Katz' "Ma'agar Mochot" - Research and Interdisciplinary Consultancy Institute, commissioned by IMRA:
1. Prime Minister Netanyahu's decision to freeze Jewish construction in Judea & Samaria, for ten months, is a result of his inability to withstand US pressure – 72%.
2. Netanyahu's decision to freeze Jewish construction in Judea & Samaria will intensify pressure for further concessions – 56%.
3. Netanyahu's decision has been prompted by his desire to satisfy President Obama – 68%.
4. Netanyahu violates his commitment to the electorate: 51%:26% (26% - no opinion).
5. Netanyahu has abandoned the principle of reciprocity in the negotiation with the PA – 52%:27%.
6. Netanyahu's decision to freeze Jewish construction in Judea & Samaria must be submitted to a vote at the Knesset – 65%.
7. Netanyahu must reinforce the law regarding illegal Palestinian construction – 79%.
8. Netanyahu should accelerate construction in Jerusalem – 52%:11% (32% - sustained current pace).