Straight From The Jerusalem Cloakroom #200, December 28, 2006
1. Critical policy decisions ("Road Map", "Two State Solution", "Disengagement", "Convergence") are based on grossly erroneous demographic assumptions, which have led to demographic fatalism and demographobia (illogical fear of Palestinian demography).
http://www.nfc.co.il/Archive/003-D-19586-00.html?tag=09-12-12 )., December 26, 2006
Israel's Center and Right have been afflicted with faintheartedness, perpetrated by Israel's "Prophets of Demographic Doom." They accepted – without any examination – that Jews were supposedly doomed to become a minority between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean. Therefore, they concluded that irrespective of critical historical and security considerations, Israel should giveaway Jewish geography (Judea & Samaria), in order to security Jewish demography. But, what if the pathological fear of Palestinian demography is grossly mistaken and misled?!
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #195, September 22, 2006
1. Fish – and especially its head – is served on Rosh Hashana as an omen for multiplication. The annual number of Jewish births in Israel has risen by 34% since 1995: 107,000 annual rate in 2006 compared with 80,400 in 1995. The robust momentum is primarily derived from increased fertility rate among the one million Olim/immigrants from the former USSR. They arrived with a typical Russian fertility rate of 1 birth per woman, but are rapidly approaching Israel's secular Jewish rate of 2-3 children per woman. The annual number of Arab births – within Israel's Green Line – has stabilized during1995 – 2006 at 39,000. Stay tuned to the next Jewish Demographic Momentum in 20 years, when the current babies enter the reproduction cycle.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #194, August 25, 2006
1. Arab fertility rate – within pre-1967 Israel – has decreased from 4.7 children per woman in 2000 to 4.0 in 2005 and 3.7 during the first months in 2006. Arab fertility rate was 9.3 during the 1960s. Jewish fertility rate is creeping upward to 2.8 in 2006 from 2.7 in 2005, which is the highest in the industrialized world.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3264702,00.html, June 19, 2006
Prime Minister Olmert's visit to West Europe has reaffirmed the central role of Demographobia – the irrational fear of Palestinian demography - in determining Israel's permanent boundaries, in spite of the gross errors underlying the demographic scare. For example, Israel's Jewish population growth has exceeded Arab population growth in Judea & Samaria (2.1% vs. 1.8% during 1997-2004). Moreover, Muslim fertility rate, within the Green Line, has declined dramatically from 9.23 children per woman in 1960/64 to 4.63 in 2004, while Arab fertility rate (including Druz and Christian Arabs) has declined to 4 children per woman.
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #188, February 13, 2006
1. Annual US foreign aid to the Palestinian Authority and to International organizations, which support Palestinians, has been based - since 1997 - on a more than 50% inflated number of Palestinians. Shouldn’t US foreign aid be reduced accordingly?
Straight from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #187, February 03, 2006
The conclusions of this report are not only plausible but quite persuasive. Why? Because it relies upon rigorous logic and simple, but very powerful, arithmetic to reach its results. And because this arithmetic offers internally consistent reconstructions of overall trends the findings look not only defensible, but really quite robust…I want to salute Bennett Zimmerman and his Team for their path-breaking study…they caught the demographic professionals asleep at the switch.
Straigth from the Jerusalem Cloakroom #185, October 26, 2005
1. Grossly erroneous demographic assumptions underline US policy on the Palestinian issue. They inflate US contributions to Palestinian-related international organizations, to the Palestinian Authority and to Palestinian NGO (which are controlled by the PA). Shouldn't US contributions conform with the demographic reality, and be reduced accordingly?!
Yedioth Achronot, June 20, 2002
The demographic threat- to the survival of the Jewish State – is real. However, it has been frequently accorded mythical dimensions, in an attempt to scare the Israeli public and policy-makers into sweeping and reckless concessions, back to the 1949 lines.